Depending on their constraints and objectives, investors will select different asset classes.
They may offer greater profit but also carry higher risks potentially leading to disastrous consequences resulting, for instance, in the creation of gates and side pockets.
When investors encounter liquidity issues or even go through the collapse of a fund, they are eager to gather as many information as they can, in order to find out if everything has been done in their best interest.
Investors may have to deal with various issues when a fund faces difficulties:
- Underperformance and in some circumstances loss of the investment
- Liquidity restrictions which may lead to the activation of gates, side pockets or suspension of the valuation and redemptions
- Wind-up of the fund or of any of its service provider, etc.
Should a fund fail, investors must react as quickly as possible. Reinhold & Partners work alongside and assist investors through all these steps:
- By providing an analysis of the failure, distinguishing both root and immediate causes
- By exploring whether this failure is due to misconduct, fraud or negligence
- By liaising with lawyers to seek compensation from the appropriate parties when relevant